One of the great arrangers. He's with Thad now.

On May 15, 2008, at 5:54 PM, Carl Dershem wrote:

John Blane wrote:
Sorry to pass this on but I'm sure many of you would want to know.
Begin forwarded message:
From: ALEX ILES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 15, 2008 6:51:24 PM CDT
Subject: [Trombone-l] Bob Florence

I am very sad to report the passing of pianist, composer, arranger
and bandleader Bob Florence. He died this afternoon after a long
illness. He was a brilliant and dedicated musician who never stopped
searching for ways to express emotions through music.

Those who knew him and his music have lost a great friend.

Best wishes,

Alex Iles

Well..... damn. Bob was a nice man and a fine musician. I'll miss him.

Carl
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#
http://members.cox.net/dershem