I didn't know Bob personally; my only contact with him was through this
list.  Recently, nearly 40 years after first listening, I discovered that
Bob wrote and arranged a portion of the Buddy Rich album 'Big Swing Face,'
one of my favorites when I was in HS.  His distinctive tune, 'Willowcrest,'
was one of my favorites on the album, but his connection with that album
somehow escaped me.  I'm sorry I never got the chance to tell him, and will
miss having him around the list.

Don