On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 5:12 AM, Johannes Gebauer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On the other hand, the new expressions tool seems so much better, it may
> well pay for itself.

I see where the new expression tool may make learning Finale easier
for a newbie, but for an old hand like Johannes, who probably already
has his templates the way he likes them, who already uses metatools
and other replication tools to enter expressions, I wonder what he
sees there that would make the upgrade pay for itself.

I am not baiting you, Johannes. I really would like to know, because I
don't really see a great deal of value in it for long-time Finale
users, unless one just likes the new eye-candy. Plus I see a huge
downside risk of poor compatibility with existing files.

Robert