Well, I got the definitive answer from MakeMusic on the FireWire audio interface issue, as follows:

Thank you for contacting MakeMusic Customer Support.

I deeply apologize for this issue in Finale. At this point it is not fixed in Finale 2009 and I do not know what the plans are to fix it. I will be adding your voice to the list of people who are looking for this fix. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience.

Doug R.
MakeMusic Customer Support

So it appears it's not even on their "To Do" list. Are there enough of us in this boat to pressure them? How about a class action suit? :)

- Bob Shuster