I agree that staff lists are probably not the best solution for
dynamics. (I never used them for dynamics myself.) Where I see the
need for removing the limit is for special group-level performance
instructions or group-level tempo marks if a sub-group is moving at a
different tempo.

The problem is, 4 get used up quickly. Since All Staves now must be a
staff list, you basically can use up all 4 if you need only All, Top,
Bottom, and Tempo (if other that just Top). That doesn't leave much
room for anything else.