Hi Eric,

I used to have a Samsung 24" monitor and thought it was large, until I sold it to someone on the list (who seems happy with it) and got the Apple 30" Cinema display, which is, in the words of my grandson, "awesome!"

I see no need to pivot it for my work. The vertical screen dimension is 16", and I can see a good sized score at 75 or 80% - clear enough to get most of the details.. If money is an issue (as it is for most), there are quite a few inexpensive 21-21" monitors that would look proportionally good in portrait orientation. The 24" one would have been disproportionally tall for my taste. I had good results with the Samsung until I got greedy for more space and decided I was going to indulge myself with the 30". I'm sure others will weigh in with good suggestions.

Chuck