I know a little, but you can probably get useful help on the applescript mailing list:

I also recommend looking into Script Debugger http://www.latenightsw.com/ and Prefab http://prefabsoftware.com/uibrowser/

Those two tools will make your life a LOT easier...

Incidentally, what program are you going to script against?