At 01:24 PM 8/21/2008, Phil Daley wrote:
>I have a receiver with wires running to the speakers.
>
>Is it possible to replace the wires with a transmitter/receiver package
>that would allow one to move speakers anywhere without running wires?

Well, there are wireless speakers. Basically, these are bookshelf speakers with small radio receivers built in, and a transmitter you hook up to your amp:

   http://sherber.com/url/2l?wireless-speakers

If you want to use your own speakers, you'll want something where the receiver has its own little built-in amp and audio outs. When I looked into this a few years ago, I didn't really see anything. But now I find these:

   <http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/862c/?cpg=ab>

<http://www.carltonbale.com/2007/08/rocketfish-universal-wireless-speaker-amplifier/>

<http://www.audioholics.com/news/trade-show-coverage/2005-consumer-electronics-show-ces/amphony-wireless-audio-transmitter-amp>

Google "wireless amplifier speaker" for more results.

Aaron.