At 9:18 PM -0500 9/18/08, Howey, Henry wrote:
I'm sure this topic is altogether tiresome for listmembers, but I've just now caught MAKEMUSIC "making money" in its own nefarious manner;-(

If you use SMARTMUSIC (and I really do love it) and FINALE (love-hate relationship), you'll be pleased to know that the latest version of SMARTMUSIC 11 will only work with 2009.

It may work with the no-longer-free NOTEPAD 2009, though.

These guys really know how to annoy folks.

And in the meantime Sibelius is offering a $99 cross-grade to Sib 5 until the end of the month. Three guesses whose marketing department is most on the ball, and best understands which side their bread is buttered on!!!

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.