On 18 Nov 2008 at 23:32, Barbara Touburg wrote:

> David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> > SmartScore doesn't scan the PDFs directly (or, at least, the version
> > I used doesn't), but requires TIFFs, so there'd really be no
> > difference for SmartScore.
> >
> > I don't know how PDFToMusic works, but it may be doing a TIFF
> > conversion internally so it wouldn't make any difference if the PDF
> > uses fonts or graphics to depict the music.
>
> If you own the full version of Acrobat, you can use it to convert a .pdf
> file to various types of image formats (f.e. jpg, tiff, etc.).

I don't own the full version of Acrobat (and have no interest in
owning it), but I own a PDF editing program (PDFEdit), and it can
make TIFFs from PDFs (or PNGs or JPGs or any number of formats). And,
of course, I couldn't have used Smartscore Lite to import a PDF if I
had no method for converting a PDF to graphics. I actually explained
all of that in my original question.