Von: finale-boun...@shsu.edu [mailto:finale-boun...@shsu.edu] Im Auftrag von
Matthew Hindson fastmail acct
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. September 2008 02:24
An: finale@shsu.edu
Betreff: [!! SPAM] [Finale] Finale Notepad/Reader 2009

As I am on the digest, apologies if someone's already posted about this.

There is apparently a letter being sent out to registered Finale and
Notepad users outlining (basically) that Finale Notepad 2009 is going to
cost $9.95, and there will be a free Finale Reader 2009 that will open,
print and playback Finale and MusicXML files.

<http://downloads2.makemusic.com/pdf/notepad/NP2009_Announcement.pdf>

This is a bit of a shame.  Sure, US$9.95 isn't too much even if you're a
student (presumably with a credit card), but for students, downloading a
cracked version of Sibelius is free.

In an institution, where (for example) we put a copy of Finale Notepad
onto every staff computer and lab computer (and get the staff member to
register it online), this is going to be a financial imposition.

Let's hope the new version of Notepad is worth the money and hassle.

Matthew