At 12:44 AM +0100 2/11/09, Barbara Touburg wrote:
dhbailey wrote:

At least that's what's happened with other programs I've used which allow the user to turn off the splash screen -- I just look at the desktop for longer before the program actually starts.

I usually look at my monitor! :)

(Don't like Window$ that much)

If I remember correctly, the "desktop" concept or analogy (which is clearly what David meant) was original with Apple, and was stolen by Microsoft, which unaccountably won the subsequent lawsuit. So by the time Windoze came along that was all ancient history.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.