On 22 Feb 2009, at 1:00 PM, Matthew Hindson <mhindson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

In the 'old' days, i.e. pre-Finale 2009, when applying a dynamic to one staff in a piano part, it would play back the dynamic for both of the staves
(presuming of course that they are on the same instrument).

In 2009 it seems to be more independent, which is annoying when you in fact
want the dynamic applying to both staves.

Does anyone know of a trick to get it back to the way it was?

Thanks

Matthew

I was having a similar problem with 2009. I don't know why, but I fixed it with the full TG Tools: Layout/Update Groups (select the piano group). Then check ONLY the "Update Instruments within Groups." I also tweak things here and there, MIDI-Audio/Human Playback/Human Playback Preferences. HP hairpins percent needs to be bigger for me, and I have better luck with the linear hairpin setting.

After that, a discrete hidden accent or dynamic here and there, and the piano part starts to work.

I have to say that this is the first version of Finale where I use playback extensively (I have previously used DP for my playback sketchpad). This is still not as good as DP, but good enough.

David Froom