Years ago I wrote some examples in Finale, for my students. In some of them I
removed the stems on quarter and half notes, leaving only the note heads. I
opened one of these files yesterday to save as something else and tried to put
the stems back, but could not. I don't remember how I removed them. I thought I
should try the Special Tools box.  When I choose the toll that makes the stem
longer or shorter, two square boxes appear next to the note heads. I figured
that if I dragged them up or down, the stem would reappear, but no, they
didn't. Please help. FinMac 2008
Thank you

Harold