On 4/4/2009 11:48 AM, Lawrence David Eden wrote:
When I extract parts in 2K7, I do not see the staff name on the extracted part.
For example:  Trumpet 1 in Bb

Christopher Smith gave you some answers having to do with linked parts, which were introduced in 2007. If you want to go the old-fashioned Extract Parts route, Finale will still generate linked parts automatically behind the scenes; an extracted part is just a linked part snapshot split out into its own file.

If you go through the Extract Parts dialog and you only see Score listed, you first need to click the Generate Parts button to get Finale to create the linked parts. You can then check off the parts you want and extract.

Now, to get back to your original question about part names. What you will need to do is first generate the linked parts. Then go to page view in your score and add a text box. In this text box, put in the text insert that says "Part/Score Name". Now you want to make sure that this text box is hidden in the score (because a box that says "Score" isn't helpful) but displays in the parts. On Windows, I would hold down the Ctrl key, right click on the text box, and choose Hide. I don't know what the Mac equivalents are to Ctrl and right-clicking. The text box will now appear a light orange in the score (meaning unlinked and hidden) and regular orange in the part (meaning unlinked and showing).

If you create a new score through the setup, this should be taken care of for you automatically, since the default files that come with 2007 include this text box.

Aaron.