On 30 May 2009 at 10:51, Matthew Hindson (gmail) wrote:

> David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> > Add to that the fact that they are careless enough as to not mention
> > it in their page on all the various methods for entering notes:
> >
> > http://www.finalemusic.com/Finale/features/enteringnotes/default.aspx
> >
> > seems to me to be worth worrying about. The first paragraph says:
> >
> >    * Enter notes with your computer keyboard and/or mouse.
> >    * Use your MIDI keyboard (or any other MIDI device) in combination
> >      with your computer keyboard and mouse to enter notes and chords.
>
> To be fair to Makemusic, David, people enter music using Speedy Entry
> precisely through these means...

But the only method they go on to describe is Simple Entry. They
don't mention the many advantages of Speedy.

Are they pretending it doesn't exist?

Are they downplaying it in order to fold it into Simple Entry?

Are their marketing people (i.e., the people who write the
promotional copy) just ignorant of the fact that Speedy exists and is
very important to a crucial portion of their user base?