Barbara Touburg wrote:
David W. Fenton wrote:

I've always wondered why the default fermata articulation has over/under definitions. I've never seen a score that puts the fermata anywhere but OVER the staff, and always have to change this when I end up with a file that uses the defaults.

This has always struck me as one of the places where the Finale defaults are just wrong.

When there are two separate parts on a staff (soprano-alto, tenor-bass) you always put the fermata both over and under the music.

Agreed -- but if there is only one voice/layer on a staff, the fermata should always default to above the staff. Finale doesn't do that.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com