On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:19 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Thanks. Okay, having used PopChar, I still cannot find a suitable inverted V character in any of the fonts on my system.

Anyone have any ideas?

Can't you just use the plain old shift-6 caret in whatever is your lightest font? What fonts do you have?

No need for any fancy font-viewer utility. Just type a ^ in TextEdit, do cmd-T to call up the fonts box, set it to some monstrously large size and then scroll through all your fonts till you find the thinnest one.

On my system the caret in the font "Didot" is particularly thin- stroked. Do you have Didot?

mdl