On 27.07.2009 Robert Patterson wrote:
It really is too bad, because this is
> pretty close to being really good.

Personally, I think it is already really good. (I am talking about
having parts in one file and score in another.) Compared to the old
extracted parts it is light years better. It just isn't perfect.

FWIW: I went through this same exercise when Fin07 came out (with a
short piece for 3 players), and I'm sure many others did as well. I
believe we probably all came to our conclusions honestly.

Likewise. I actually think it will never be perfect, and there will probably be one or two reasons to use separate part files even if they fix the ones you listed. Personally I don't want much time invested into these problems any more. What I do want is a better way of making cue notes, whether for the part file or for the combined file. I find cue notes a real problem either way, they are far too time consuming.

Johannes