Apply voicing rules to your linked parts. There's an excellent section in the Finale documentation that covers how to do this in detail.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
djar...@earthlink.net
Brooklyn, NY

On 28 Jul 2009, at 1:31 PM, Michael Greensill wrote:

How do you guys deal with printing parts that are in layers e.g. Horn 1 and 2 are on the same stave in the score, Horn 1 in layer 1 and Horn 2 in layer 2, but I want separate parts for each.

I understand the use of "show current layer only" in actually separating them for printing, but the problem comes with naming the part. It still says Horn 1 and 2 and I want it to just say Horn 1.

If one renames it on the part the whole damned score becomes Horn 1.

Is there a plug-in for this that I'm missing somewhere?

Mike G.

www.mikegreensill.com