On 16 Aug 2009 at 7:24, Chuck Israels wrote:

> Have you tried deleting the preference file?  Corrupted preferences
> can cause problems like this.

That's advice frequently given to Mac users, Chuck, but so far as I'm
aware, it doesn't at all apply to Windows. I don't have a recent
version of Finale, but all versions that I have ever owned store the
"preferences" in an INI file, which is plain text. This can't get
corrupted. Perhaps later versions of Finale are more consistent with
Windows practices and use the registry, but the registry doesn't get
corrupted, either. It can get incorrect values, but I've not seen a
corrupt registry since the very early days of Windows 95.