Ken Parsons wrote:
I'm thinking about purchasing the SmartScore Pro software for use with Finale,
but wondered if there's a better program out there, or if SmartScore is the way
to go.

I will admit that I haven't done all that much scanning for work with Finale (or Sibelius) but when I did experiment, I found that Sharpeye was the best software. It's available from www.recordare.com and it outperformed the other scanning software I tried (that which came with Finale and with Sibelius.)

I will also admit that it has been a few years since I experimented with it, and the scanning programs bundled with Finale and Sibelius may well have improved, but I just thought you should give Sharpeye a try. There is a downloadable demo to experiment with.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com