Dear Finale Listers:

The laborious task of creating TrueType versions of the various ranges of
our ChordSymbol 2 Unicode fonts specifically for use with Finale is finally
complete! So the unprecedented chord symbol entry functionality of
ChordSymbol 2  is now available to Finale users.

If interested, please email me privately; I'll reply with a flyer
containing font samples and an order form. Mention you need the Finale fonts,
and
I'll attach those along with the Unicode fonts. The conference discount
price is $75, a bargain for the eight TrueType fonts, each containing 191
characters, together enabling entry of any type of chord symbol, from figured
bass to commercial symbols.

A bit of a rant, if I may so indulge: These eight cross-platform fonts  do
replicate the impressive functionality of ChordSymbol 2 quite nicely.  But
Finale users who wish to exploit the full entry power of the vast Unicode
font (over 2200 characters) will be strongly motivated to cross-grade to
Sibelius until our good friends at MakeMusic step up to Unicode (which I
understand is no small thing). Nothing compares with the capacity to enter even

the most intricate jazz chord suffixes, or such as three-figure figured bass
stacks, in one entry action. Chord symbol entry will never be the same--and
 Finale will lose market share unless it becomes Unicode-compliant quickly.

Thanks, and cheers,

Dr. John R. Clevenger, Manager
The Virtual  Conservatory
50 S. Patterson Ave., #203
Santa Barbara, CA  93111
Phone and fax: (805) 964-7988 (for fax, ignore answering  machine)
Email: _jclev...@aol.com_ (mailto:jclev...@aol.com)
Web site: _www.virtualconservatory.com_
(http://www.virtualconservatory.com/)