After installing the FinMac 2010a patch our machines suddenly stopped working (freezing, not being able to open older files and so on) and we had to wipe the patched version (I can recommend AppDelete and AppZapper for such grisly tasks!) and reinstall the unpatched version, which had been working fine. I would _strongly_ advise all Finale users, particularly those Mac users on older machines (it happened on our G5 PPCs running OS 10.4.11) not to install this patch until this matter has been cleared up. As it would seem to not be affecting the whole Finale community, it might be an OS and/or processor conflict...
Eric
Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
www.habsburgerverlag.de
eric.f.fied...@t-online.de
e.fied...@em.uni-frankfurt.de