On Tue Dec 29, at TuesdayDec 29 8:44 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 29 Dec 2009 at 11:22, Stephen Lamb wrote:

I'm editing a file in Mac Fin09 that was started in an earlier
version.  Because a lot of the articulations are not properly
aligned, I'm having to go through, select each one (or in batches),
and type "Fn"+6.  This is on my mac laptop.

Maybe the revisions to the selection tool have made this obsolete,
but in my WinFin2003 (and earlier versions), I select a region, and
from the MassEdit menu, choose CHANGE and then ARTICULATION
ASSIGNMENTS. One of the options is to reposition the selected
articulation. You have to do it one articulation at a time, but you
can select the entire document and do all instances of that
articulation at once.

Is this gone from current versions of Finale?

Or am I misunderstanding the question?

No, you haven't misunderstood. Your way is great, too, but the Clear key (or backspace on PC) clears the positioning of all selected articulations only (or other items in other tools, if you so choose.) He was worried about finding the Clear key on new Mac keyboards, I think.

I think Fn-Delete works as a Clear key as well on Mac laptops, doesn't it?

Christopher