Hi all,

I'm working on an intensive Finale project right now, and I'm noticing something I've never seen before involving frequent Finale crashes.

I'm working in WinFin2007 on XP Pro SP3 with the latest Patterson Plugins and TGTools. I'm using TGTools to map F7 to Patterson Mass Copy, so that I can select a region, hit F7 to set the source, select a destination, and hit F7 again to paste. After several times doing this (the number varies), Finale crashes with an unhandled Win32 exception. This is behavior I don't remember seeing before, especially with such regularity. My only workaround is to save my work very frequently, so that when Finale crashes I don't lose too much.

This is the same computer I've had for about 4 years, so it's unlikely to be hardware related. The only difference from previous intensive Finale work periods is that I'm on SP3 now instead of SP2.

Because of how I have this set up, there's no good way for me to tell whether the problem is in Finale, or in the TGTools keyboard hook, or in Mass Copy itself. Yes, I could do further testing to isolate what's going on, but I'm afraid I don't have time for that right now. So basically, I'm writing just to see whether anyone else has experienced this -- and Robert and Tobias, if you're reading, to see whether you have any idea what's going on.

Thanks,
Aaron.