Dear jef,

Once the score is set up according to Finale's linked parts conventions (no trouble for me, once I learned the new behavior), the creation of linked group parts works seamlessly and automatically. I don't see a need to identify a staff in the staff attributes dialog, as long as I can see the group name (Piano, Harp, etc.) when working in the score. The new system actually removes the small steps of requiring names for those individual staves.

Now, if someone could tell me why group staves are spaced a different vertical distance apart in the part (in my case - always closer than what I have in the score), that would save me a small step of having to adjust that in the part. I bet there is a place to control that that I have missed.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone