So true, David.  Finale's versatility, the main draw for most of its
fans, often get's in its own way.  There's always some logic for
various aspects of the user interface.  But because we all can, and
probably do, work in very personalized ways with the program, the best
solution for one misses the mark for another.

I get used to these sorts of things easily enough; some are more of a
challenge than others.  But it seems like we're waging war with the
windmills when something has been a certain way for a really long time
and then it changes.  Because it makes more sense.  "It's 5:00
somewhere."

Also, is it really the impossible dream (forgive my Quixote-ness
today) to want a comprehensive list of new features and changes with
each version?  Would it be that difficult to produce, as opposed to
the sales job highlights and online manual designed for efficient
hunting and pecking that we now get?  Just wondering.

Don Hart