Hi Ryan,

There is a TG Tool to do this.  Modify/Transfer Layout.  Make sure Automatic
Update Layout is turned on, or you will not see the layout change.  Without
this tool, linked parts can be more trouble than they are worth, and it seems
to me that the tool ought to be included within Finale.  I was struggling with
this aspect of 2010, until Tobias caught up.

Chuck

On Mar 20, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Ryan wrote:

> I thought there was a TG Tools plug in that allowed you to copy system sizes
> and margins from one linked part to another. Am I remembering incorrectly? I
> know about the Copy System Optimization, but that's within a part. I want to
> do it to another linked part in the same file.
>
> Anyhow, big orchestra piece and basically all the horns play at the same
> time, as do all the strings. I'd like to just set up the Horn 1 part, then
> just copy all the measure layout and system margin info and paste it into
> the Horn 2, Horn 3, and Horn 4 parts. Do the same with Violin 1, and copy to
> the rest of the string section.
>
> Is such a shortcut possible?
>
> Ryan

Chuck Israels