There's an Alec Wilder band piece that calls for anvil.

I will check it for dynamics; that will "iron" out all our problems.

As we all know, Alec was one of the few composers who truly understood
the lyrical potential of the anvil and sought to unlock it.

Sent from my iPhone, so please pardon all the typos.