Self-reference...
Are there also BBb tuba parts?
If so you might have to do that horrendous "transposing bass clef"
abomination in which the part is transposed up a step but stays in
bass clef.
Leduc editions call this "tuba Sib."

It's still used in France & Belgium.

When I become King Augustus Robustus of Notation, I am going to make
transposing bass clef a crime against the state.
Some things are just plain WRONG, and transposing bass clef is one of
them.
So if there are BBb tubas, do three parts--bass clef at pitch,
transposed bass clef, and treble clef in which written middle C sounds
the Bb two lines below the bass staff--as in bass sax.
As you might well infer, I am a low brass player and have seen all
these transpositions and parts, here in the USA as well as overseas.
And I  still hate transposing bass clef.
;-0

Sent from my iPhone, so please pardon all the typos.

On May 10, 2010, at 8:31 PM, "Williams, Jim" <jwilli...@franklincollege.edu