John, I have been a schoolteacher also, so I am trained in having an extended
ability to understand. However this Finale list is kind of a meta-list for
musicians from very diverse backgrounds. Hence I consider it kind of dangerous
to let terms, which basically are nonsense, pass by unnoticed.

Some composer not coming from brass instruments might wonder why no brass
players respond to the term of octave key in discussions about their
instruments’ potentials.

I know that the oboe has an octave key, but the clarinet doesn’t.

Klaus