On May 24, 2010, at 7:39 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Thanks everyone. I understand there is no solution but manual manipulation. I now used Measure Tool > Note Spacing Handle to solve the collisions, but I was surprised I can't copy this manually updated space?!

I've never seen it called Note Spacing Handle, but I assume you mean the thing we used to call the Beat Chart.

This exact phrase comes back 5 times in this piece. I set the edit filter to everything, but the manual spacing won't get copied. Is this the way it is, or there is some pref set I am missing?

The filter has a section called Measure Settings which are disabled unless you choose the entire measure stack. Make sure to select the entire measure stack and choose Note Positioning, and it should copy the beat chart. (You may also want measure width.) When you paste, be sure to paste into the top measure of the stack.

mdl