Hi all,

I've run into this before, but I'm finding myself frustrated with Finale's beaming options over rests. Here's a page that shows what I've got:

   http://aaron.sherber.com/beams

With "Extend beams over secondary rests" on, I get the top row, and with it off I get the bottom row. But what I really want is A and D. In other words, I want "Extend beams over secondary rests ONLY IF they connect to a beam on the other side of the rest."

So what I always wind up doing is picking a setting and then going through the whole piece, either changing all B to look like D, or changing all C to look like A.

Am I missing some other way to accomplish this, either in Finale or with a plugin? I've looked at TGTools Beam Breaker and Patterson Beams, but neither seems to be able to do what I want.

Thanks,
Aaron.