In Staff Attributes you have the option to display these things on a per-staff basis. The Global Staff Attributes plugin will do it for every staff in one go. If you only need to do this for a portion of a staff, create a Staff Style, which can do pretty much anything the Staff Attributes can, but you can apply it to only certain measures (or parts of a measure.) I think Staff Styles were available in 2004.

Christopher