On Wed Jun 30, at WednesdayJun 30 9:43 AM, Neal Gittleman wrote:

Greetings...

This is in FinMac2010b...

I'm getting strange playback tempo behavior. Tempo marking sets the playback tempo at eighth-note = 72. Playback observes this tempo for exactly two quarter notes, then switches to twice as fast for the remainder of the piece.

I created this document using an earlier document as a template. The earlier document had a tempo marking of quarter = 76. I edited that expression, changed the playback setting to eighth = 72. That may have caused the problem, I suppose, but it would be nice to get it fixed...

Any ideas?

Neal Gittleman

I would guess that almost certainly there is an expression (maybe hidden? The importation of expressions assigned to the former staff lists is very weird) that has that playback, assigned to the 3rd beat of the measure. Go into your expressions list, track down that expression and delete it from the list. It might have cloned itself, so make sure you check the various categories.

Check other expressions, which may have inherited playback. I unwisely cloned a tempo mark once to use as an instruction without realising that it had a playback enabled. Turn 'em off!

Christopher