hi, i'm putting together a seminar (more like a lecture and workshop) looking at aspects of new music notation and eventually also finale tips.

wondering if anyone has any comments -- having seen my work or knowing my views on new music notation -- about what YOU would hope i would address if you were attending the seminar. *please contact me off-list*

the format i am preparing is for 2-3 hours but the first one has to be 4 hrs (ugh). topics will be presented as "modules" so i can easily adjust for different lengths / needs. modules in development are: basic graphic design considerations, font use, notation standards (trad. and cont.), overview of notation reform proposals, score types and their function, transcription session of new music fragments with comparison of results, group discussion dissecting a published score in minute detail to determine how it could be improved, use of plugins and other software (workflow), and resources (bibliography, fonts and other tools).

any comments would be greatly appreciated.

oddly enough the first time i give this will be at a sibelius conference...

--

shirling & neueweise
new music notation  +  translation  +  arts management