Well, an example:

If you tie A# to Bb, then the notes will be on separate lines or spaces.

But that would require a key change, for example B major to B flat major.
Unless you use accidentals, of course.

The key signature would have to be between them. So how would the tie mark
be accomplished? It would have to go THROUGH the key signature change.

If the A sharp is at the end of a line, then the B flat would be at the
beginning of the next line.
That's the only way around it, as far as I can determine.

That would be very confusing to read anyway. I doubt that someone using
standard music notation would
do that. So if you see any examples in REAL music, please point one out.

Now obviously, if you have two adjacent pitches like G and G flat, then they
are unequal
pitches, and therefore a tie mark would be wrong. It would be a SLUR instead.

I have found instances where it WILL put a tie mark between a G and G flat. And
like I said earlier,
it does NOT put the accidental in front of the second pitch, even when the G
flat is not in the key signature.

I can try to generate some specific examples.