On 3 Oct 2010 at 11:09, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

> Nope. And it seems really silly that they have EXACTLY THE SAME FOLDER
> in the Mac HD/Library as they do in the ~/Username/Library
>
> In fact, we have the same folders for Audio Units Support,
> Configuration Files, FinaleScript, Font Annotations, Libraries, Midi
> Device Annotations, and Music Files.....
>
> Actually, I take that back. It's STUPID to have it in two
> places.....but then again this is MakeMusic we are talking
> about......so.......

You're thinking in single-user mode, but Finale is designed for mult-
user scenarios (as it should be). The copies in the in the Mac
HD/Library are for everybody (and likely read-only?), while the
copies in ~/Username/Library are specific to each user.

This is the correct organization for modern multi-user OS's.