[Finale 2009]
I am encountering a range of unexpected results from playback.  I have tried
VST instruments (with and without human playback) and normal MIDI, but all
suffer from the same problems.

1)  If I play from the beginning I hear all the parts, but if I start playback
elsewhere, some parts do not sound.

2)  Although dynamics are specified, some parts play more quietly than others
(of the same kind: 6 oboes & 6 bassoons) and some get quieter.  There has been
a dim. a few bars earlier, but it should have been completed and a forte should
be in effect.

3)  A tempo change (crotchet = 60 becomes crotchet = 90) only lasts about 1/2
bar before reverting to the previous tempo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Lawlor