It's a longstanding bug that most expressions chase from measure one, but
keyswitches don't (say, arco to pizz, mutes, and for all I know maybe softer
versions of some instruments.)

Balance is a tricky issue, because one can't expect a p trumpet to be balanced
with a p flute in its bottom octave, for example. Most issues related to
balance, unless the same dynamic gives a different volume to the SAME
instrument, can probably be traced to simply Finale doesn't really know what
correct balance is. You have the Studio view to sort out all that.

I don't know what to say about the tempo problem, except is it possible that
you have an expression partway through the bar that has playback associated
with tempo? Even if you didn't set it yourself? Sometimes I have taken an
expression that I liked the look of, changed the text, but didn't check the
playback, and then it had unexpected results.

Christopher