I just leafed through some of my piano music: Henle Urtext, Wiener Urtext,
Bärenreiter and other renowned European publishers. Two different valued notes
sharing a notehead is a common occurence:  putting double noteheads in all
those places would clutter up the music unnecessarily.

Context is everything. I wouldn't do this on a part where two wind instruments
share the same staff, for instance, but pianists are used to music written this
way.

Michael