Thanks for your aid.
As a pianist I have no experience in reading sheet music violin. And rules for positionning the fingering are really different...
Pierre

-----Message d'origine----- From: John Howell
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:58 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Violin string marks

At 8:34 AM +0100 3/1/11, Pierre Bailleul wrote:
Hi all,
Do you know the placement from the bottom up of string mark (II or D) with fingering and bowing mark :
- all above and only string mark below?
- all above?
Thanks.
Pierre

Quite honestly it's been a long time since I've seen a string
designation in music, but I think I would EXPECT to see it above,
along with all the other specific instructions, with dynamics below.
My rule of thumb (rather than a hard-and-fast "rule") would be to
group things together so they can be seen and acted on at a single
glance, and not force the player's eyes to jump up and down and
re-integrate all the conflicting instructions mentally.  And if you
need more space between staves, then so be it!

Last night I was reading some music that had been heavily covered
with down- and up-bow markings in pencil, and when things got a
little hairy I had to choose between reading the notes and rhythms or
the bowings.  The notes won!  Next time I'll have the bowings
integrated.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.