In my two most recent scores (a string quartet, and a piece for string orchestra), I have become quite annoyed with Human Playback reading through tempo alterations and making some VERY stupid decisions. I'm hoping the wisdom of the list can help me find a way to work around it.

First, specs: I'm using Finale 2009c on WIndows7, Finale GPO and human playback.

First piece, for string quartet: Only one complaint, a big "molto rit." near the end of the score leading into the cadence is consistently ignored by HP. I have HP set to incorporate tempo changes. What am I doing wrong? How should I have the rit. defined to make the damn thing work?

Second piece, for string orchestra: there is a section with the viola playing running eighth notes under a more sustained melody in the two violin parts. All three parts have a marking of "piano", but when the playback comes to this part of the score, I have watched GPO's CC#7 slider for the viola take a nosedive and the part almost disappear from hearing. It might not be the most important part at the moment, but it's still a written part with the same dynamic marking as all the other parts and HP is virtually ignoring it!

I'm starting to think that HP develops some sort of selective illiteracy and just plays what it wants, when it wants. I'm getting really pissed off with this. Any help is appreciated.

Adam