In Italian "rubato" is indeed a past participle of the verb "rubare",
which means "stolen".

However, as a musical term, here in Italy, it is not treated as a verb
and not pluralized, the same way one wouldn't pluralize glissando,
rallentando, allegro, moderato, etc. Nouns like instrument names are
obviously pluralized so pianoforte will change in pianoforti, violino in
violini, controfagotto in controfagotti.

Giovanni

--------

Giovanni Andreani

www.giovanniandreani.eu