Right -- the wrist rest I have is actually part of a 2-piece mouse pad I
already owned.

The difference with the Apple Magic Trackpad vs. a conventional mouse is that
you never have to move your wrist at all -- only your fingers. And you can just
glide them over the glass surface -- you don't have to rotate a physical
object, as with a trackball. (The surface is still clickable, though, which for
me is key. I'm not a fan of "tap to click" -- I do want a tactile response when
clicking.)

Cheers,

- DJA
-----