Hi Ryan,

That works, but I'd be inclined to use a half-tied-to-sixteenth +
sixteenth-tied-to-half if it's important that the second note be placed
accurately.

BTW, I have never seen (and would never use) two half notes with a duple
bracket in 3/4. That seems like a totally obtuse way to notate dotted quarter
notes.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----