Klaus,

I am 95% certain that Mark's problem is that he's trying to use a set of
preferences originally generated on a PPC Mac on an Intel-based Mac. When you
do this, the "Edit Margins" dialog boxes do not show up *anywhere* on screen.
It doesn't matter how many pixels he adds, because the dialog boxes are not
being displayed offscreen -- they are not being displayed at all.

It's a known issue, and the only solution is to rebuild the preferences from
scratch.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----