On 8/9/2011 6:11 AM, Colin Broom wrote:

> I'm on Finale 2009 and am finally considering an upgrade, but I'm
> wondering if anyone knows any further information about a Finale 2012
> release? Searching around I found a post on the forum stating "that
> Finale 2012 will be released sometime this fall. This is later than
> we normally release to allow for adequate development time for some
> great application infrastructure changes, which will result in some
> awesome new features this year". That was the beginning of July - I'm
> just wondering if anyone's heard anything more since then?  I don't
> want to upgrade to 2011 only for 2012 to come out the following week
> (happened to a colleague of mine with Sibelius 7 just the other
> week).

"Sometime this fall" is all that MakeMusic is saying, and they're not
making that statement publicly on their website.  It's buried in an
annual statement for shareholders by way of explaining income levels of
the corporation.  If you're afraid of buying one upgrade just to miss
the latest upgrade by a short while, call MakeMusic and ask them what
their policy is -- if you buy 2011 now, will they give you the 2012
upgrade for free when it is released?  Get the person's name and
employee number if possible in case there's a hassle later on.  If the
answer is no, then wait for 2012.

Your friend should contact Sibelius about receiving a free upgrade to
Sib7 -- most companies are willing to give a free version of the latest
upgrade if the previous upgrade was purchased within a short window of
time prior to the official release of the latest upgrade.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com