Hi all,

I thought that some might be interested to have a heads-up that apparently
MakeMusic customer support have been instructed to be more... "inquisitive,"
I'll say... when you call up and ask to deauthorize all versions of Finale
associated with your serial number.

This has never been a problem in the past -- I have, on multiple occasions,
called up MM and said, "Here's my serial, please deauthorize all versions of
Finale going back to Finale 2004 so I can re-authorize them on my new
computer."

This time, though, the customer service rep gave me grief for not manually
de-authorizing all my versions of Finale (or at least, the versions where
manual de-authorization is possible) on the old machine before moving to the
new machine.

This wasn't possible in my case because my old computer died, and then my new
computer required a complete restoration from a Time Machine backup, which
caused my copies of Finale to become deauthorized on the new machine as well.

They were also reluctant to do an authorization-by-phone for Finale 2004 and
Finale 2005  (internet authorization doesn't work for those versions under OS X
10.6), since they claimed that these versions (A) aren't supported under OS X
10.6, and (B) tend to lose track of their authorization over time -- both of
which are true but neither of which I care about. I just want to be able to
launch Finale 2004 and 2005 when I need to. (If and when these versions get
de-authorized, I will be calling them up again.)

Anyway, after some wrangling, the customer support person eventually honored my
request. But it appears CS have been instructed to be more strict about issuing
deauthorizations by phone, and people can expect a certain amount of grilling
if they are unable to deauthorize Finale themselves and require CS to do it for
them.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----